Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Yesterday

Forgot to post yesterday. Swim workout was a new one. 300 warmup, then six kick-only (no fins) 50s where we got out of the pool after each 50 and used a medicine ball to do circles around the waist for a minute. Right to left after one lap, left to right after the next. (Wasn't too bad yesterday, abs and shoulders definitely feel it today.) Then we did three 50s free with fins, 20 seconds rest, three 50s with 15 seconds rest and finally three 50s with 10 seconds rest between laps. Finally, an easy 100 cool down with breast.

Then at lunch, I went for a bike ride. It was a gusty, windy blue-sky day as we waited for T-storms in the afternoon. Except for the first couple miles, I was either headed directly into the wind or being blown sideways. My time suffered, as it took me nearly an hour to do 13 miles. But it was a tough workout.

Today, I plan to do another lunchtime bike ride and then a 3-4 mile run after work for a change of pace. I'll do a separate post on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment