Thursday, September 15, 2011

brr

My fingers have just warmed enough so I can type again. Cold one this morning. I cut the hour ride I was planning down to 15 minutes and a 3.5-mile route. I'll have to go out again at lunch after it gets out of the 40s and up into the 60s.

I may be down to my last few morning rides now when it's warm enough to do so, and going out after the sun's been out for at least a few hours.

Looks like the swimming portion of training is coming up, plus putting the Trek on a bike trainer in the office.

3 comments:

  1. I did get another ride in today at lunch, 9 miles at a 14-mph pace. A sweatshirt helped keep my body warm, and the cold wasn't too biting on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ride in the winter. Just get some gloves and a face mask. Of course Boulder gets a lot less snow... I'm looking at upgrading my mountain bike so I have some thicker tires (maybe even studs) for when the trails get slippery. Wiping out on ice is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a bike trainer inside, it's going to be a hard sell to get me outdoors on icy and/or salted roads this winter. I'll happily train inside when it's too cold, and add swimming to the routine in October.

    ReplyDelete