Monday, April 29, 2013

Well, crap.

Just saw my numbers for the tri, and they weren't as good as I thought. The clock I saw that said 11:37 must have been off.

My overall time was 1:55:46, which at under two hours still beats my goal for the race. So that's awesome. And both transition times were under four minutes, which means I improved on that from Pewaukee too.

My swim time for the 500 was 10:52, which absolutely rocks. During my timed training swims with my coach, my average 500 has typically been around 12 minutes. Then T1 time was 3:47.

My bike time was OK at 54:23, which was a 15-mph pace. I know that could've been much better if I'd simply made time to get the bike in for a tuneup last week. And/or got out for a few more rides in the past couple weeks.

My run clocked in at 44:26 for a 14:20 average mile. That sucks. I'm way better than that. Over a three-mile run, I should be averaging closer to 10:30 or 11-min. miles. I know part of that is because I haven't done a brick since last summer ... so I guess I know which part of the 1/2 Iron training plan I really need to concentrate on.

Bricks, bricks, bricks.

I think I need to find a tri I can run in June as a trainer -- maybe something Olympic distance as a step up from these sprints.


No comments:

Post a Comment