Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October update

It's been just about a month since I updated, and it feels like it's been that long since I exercised too. Truth be told, I was pretty worn out in the week after the 1/2 marathon, and then I got sick and felt extremely fatigues for a little over two weeks while I tried to shake loose and get healthy. All told, this has been a pathetic month for workouts. The October numbers (below) reflect that.

On the bright side, I did start back at swimming last week and running, and started using the bike on the indoor trainer this week. Especially nice for the bike is that I forced myself to go and went about 25 minutes on it. Last winter, I didn't like being off the roads to the point I didn't ride on the trainer at all ... and I regretted it in the spring. I got on the bike yesterday to do a quick 20 minutes during my lunch hour. Then I wanted to quit at 10, but kept going. Wanted it done at 15 too, but kept pedaling. I got into a groove and next checked my watch at about 21:xx minutes, and just convinced myself to go to 25. So I did. I need to make that the catalyst for pedaling at least 20-30 minutes 3-4x a week this winter.

I actually did a 'sort-of' triathlon yesterday, with swimming in the morning and the bike at lunch. Then some new winter base layer running gear came in the mail, and I did an evening run to test it out. Felt pretty good. Did a 3-miler today at lunch too. So I'm getting back on track and make November awesome heading into colder, darker months (with plenty of holiday treats...)

Going to sign up for a T-day race in Ohio when we're down there, and looking for a spring marathon to train for and keep me on track. Otherwise in race news, definitely looking at Racine 1/2 Ironman for July and Brewers 1/2 marathon for fall with other smaller races to fill in. Sadly, I don't think I can do the Pewaukee Sprint tri again this year (the one that started it all), because it is exactly one week before the Racine 1/2 Ironman.

October's terrible numbers are: 

17.46 miles covered (run, bike and swim).
5.37 hours of exercise.
8 days with at least 30 minutes of exercise.
10 total workouts.
5,601 calories burned through exercise.

And here's September numbers (that I never posted): 
56.11 miles covered (run, bike and swim).
14.25 hours of exercise.
13 days with at least 30 minutes of exercise.
15 total workouts.
11,082 calories burned through exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment