Friday, May 11, 2012

(Unofficial) brick ... sort of

Today seemed so nice and sunny and receptive to activity that I decided to bump the run to lunchtime and start the day with a brief bike ride to get the metabolism going, fluid to the joints, wake up the muscles, etc. I did a moderately paced 4.88 miles in 20 minutes.

Then at lunch, I laced up the shoes again and headed out into a beautiful blue-sky day that was 70+ degrees with a slight breeze. I did 4 miles in 46 minutes, which means I did my longest run(/walk) to date in under 12 min/mile pace. And I kept to the 3:1 run/walk ratio, no matter how much I wanted to walk more once I hit 3 miles.

Tomorrow's "real" brick is up in the air right now. It will be delayed at least until the later afternoon, so I'm curious how that may affect the timing.

What a great start to a busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment