Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Look all around ... nothing but blue skies

Yesterday, did just one workout. 3.78 miles in run/walk intervals per Galloway. Instead of a timed 4 minutes/1 minute ratio though, it was measured at 400m run/200m walk. The changed rotation had me going at 11:40/mile average. It was a clear blue day with a light breeze, and then Johnny Nash popped on the iPod singing "I can see clearly now" and all was right with the world for awhile.

This morning's swim was a 300 warmup, 200 kicking (with fins), 100 with pull buoy and then 16 x "50s" that were in/out of pool. We'd dive in, swim a 25 length, get out and do walking lunges back to the lane platforms and repeat.

At lunch today, I'm going to take the bike out for a 13 miler on a route I've done a few times (the one that killed me on a windy day last week), but today will ride reverse direction. And it looks like not too much wind today, so I'm hoping to average 14 mph or better. I'll do an update this afternoon.

Update: 
I did nail that 13 miles at lunch today, in 51 minutes for about 15.4 mph average.

Nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment