Friday, May 4, 2012

3/1 update

Today's run under the new 3:1 run/walk ratio went much better. Much, much better. I was able to keep up with all the 3-minute run portions, so that by the end, I had run 3.6 miles (.3 further than my usual 3.3s) in a full minute under my last 3.3 times. It felt great. Mostly. Still needed the ice bath, ibuprofen and alternating ice on my knees and hips back at work in the afternoon.

In Other Running News...
I signed up for the Sept. 22 inaugural Brewers half-marathon for the MACC Fund. I'm running in honor of my oldest son's good friend, Connor Bourke, who died from brain cancer a year ago. He was 12. Feel free to join my team, Running for Connor, or donate to the worthy MACC Fund through us in his behalf.

I looked at Jeff Galloway's half-marathon training plan, and it looks like following the July 8 tri, I can continue to follow pretty much the same training plan I'm doing now, except Saturday's bricks will actually just be progressively longer runs. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment