Sunday, April 29, 2012

Friday and Saturday

Forgot to blog my last two workouts. On Friday, I did a 8.75-mile bike ride in about 38 minutes, for just under 14 mph average. It was at lunchtime and was a nice easy ride with only a few hills, but into the wind and uphill together towards the end. That was a lead-in to Saturday's brick.

Saturday morning was cold, windy and raining. As much as I would've liked to skip it, there's no saying race day will be pleasant. (Although early July is a fairly safe bet...) So I went out and muscled through a 43-minute ride of almost 10 miles (13.5 mph avg) that was a pain in the butt because of the wet. Actually, my butt was numb after about 2 miles because of all the cold water spray from the back tire.

Towards the end, the pedaling got harder and harder and I wasn't sure if my legs were really getting that tired or if the rain and gunk splashing up were killing the chain lubrication that much. When I got home, I wheeled the bike in the house and went right back out for my 1-mile run. It wasn't very fast, but I was able to run for longer distances between the walk segments than my first brick about two weeks ago. I did the mile in 14 minutes today vs 15 minutes last time. My next brick goal is to be able to run the whole mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment