Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Coming soon ... running.

Jumped on the bike right after work last night for a 13.xx-mile ride with a few rolling hills around here, and was amazed to be done in 58 minutes, because it was quite windy, with heavy gusts. It felt like I was always riding into the wind, until my final turn home when I actually was riding into the wind and it was slow and hard-going. The other areas I was just fighting sidewinds apparently.

This morning, did 1,350 yards in the pool, all tri legal with crawl and breast (minus the 400 yards with fins and kickboard). No extended breaks, which was good. Worked on extending my stroke for crawl, and making my breaststroke less a breathing/relief stroke and more competitive. Coach wants me to work into a three-stroke breathing rhythm for crawl which will speed things up by keeping my head down longer. I'll need to work a lot on that because I am not comfortable/never learned to breathe on my left side during crawl. It feels weird and if I take any water in when I breathe in it really freaks me out...

Up next today, I am going to lace on my shoes and go for a run/walk this afternoon after work. Don't know how long or how far yet; I just want to get my heart rate up and need a shower when I finish.

---

Oops. Forgot to log in my swimming last week. Was only able to do one day, and the swim coach was out, but left a workout to do. 250 yd warmup, then 500 yd swim broken up into 20 lengths at a minute a piece. When you get to the other side, you have the rest of that minute to rest. Then a 4 x 100 yd kickboard, with fins. and finally a 100yd cooldown.

---

Update II: I did lace up my shoes and go for a 3-mile run after work. It took somewhere around 40 minutes, with a run/walk mix, where I tried never to give myself more than 1 minute walking. Some of the run segments were 3 and 4 minutes, but most were 2 minutes. Over the course of the last 24 hours, I did a tri with yesterday's bike, this morning's swim and now the run. My legs ache, but they don't hurt.

I can do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment