Friday, April 13, 2012

Splits

Did my 32-minute bike ride on Wednesday, and my swimming yesterday morning, and today was a 3.1-mile run at lunch. Or run/walk as I'm doing.

Right now I'm working on the 2min run/1min walk splits of the Jeff Galloway system, and using his 5k app. It's kind of cool having a famous running partner keeping time and telling me when to walk and when to run. I find that towards the middle of the run, I feel gassed and start walking early, but typically it only seems to be a few seconds before he says to. I'll know I'm ready to move my splits up to 2:30/1 when I hit those 2min marks without thinking about them.

With a long day at the museum planned for Sunday, I'm moving the bike/run brick to tomorrow morning. A 30-minute ride followed immediately by a 1-mile run. I'm looking forward to feeling just how awkward the legs are starting out on that run.

No comments:

Post a Comment