Thursday, April 26, 2012

Shoulder is better

This morning's swim went well. I did a mixed free/breast 300 yard warmup, with no shoulder pain, or hints of it. Then she had me do 6 x 100s of freestyle with fins, to take it easy on the shoulder. No troubles there. Then 5 x 50s of breast, with double-kicks every other 25. It was a neat drill to de-emphasize the stroke, and we isolated a problem with my kick that's getting ironed out now.

During the breast 50s, she mentioned that I was going too wide with my arms, and I did my best to correct. Afterwards, I did notice when I went wider, and did feel the extra impact on my shoulder. I think Tuesday may have been a case where I pulled too hard and too wide during a length and caused the problem.

(Note to self: My shoulder hurts when I move my arm like this. Then don't move your arm like that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment