Monday, April 16, 2012

Slogging through

It was nice to have the day off (from training) yesterday, but by about 5 p.m. I felt like a slug for not going out to do anything, other than walk around the museum with the kids for the afternoon. I know I need to let my body rest and recover, but after six straight days of training it felt weird.

Back to it today meant 3 miles at lunch in about 40 minutes of 2 min run/1min walk. It was also straight into the wind and stinging rain for the first half. I wanted to turn around a few times, telling myself how stupid it was to force the issue on a crappy day when I could just do a Wii Fit run or something inside. But I know me and I know the first time I quit on an exercise day, the easier it gets next time. (But man it was cold running.)

I did it, and now I can look forward to swimming (inside) tomorrow morning, which is my only swim class this week with the trade show coming up Thursday-Monday. I plan to bring a suit/goggles and running shoes, in case I get an opportunity to get some workouts in at the hotel.

Keep slogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment