Thursday, March 22, 2012

A good swim today

Nothing special to report today. I did do a race distance without needing a rest, though I did need to change-up strokes a few times.

Started with a 250 warmup (which I did without a rest), and then the main workout was 10 laps of water running/swimming. We would run in the water about half a length (12 yards or so), and then finish the length swimming any stroke, and then swimming back the full length of 25. So it was roughly 120 yards of running in water plus 380 yards of swimming. I did pull some rests in between some of the laps.

We finished off with 400 yards (8 laps), nonstop. Technically this was 40 yards short of race distance, but it was at the end of 30 minutes of swimming. I did a mix of freestyle and breast, mostly breast, with 50 yards of backstroke mixed in. It felt good and I did it in 12:50. I can only get better from here.

By race day, I'm hoping to do 10 minutes or less of swimming. Not sure about bike and run, but I am starting to feel confident I will be able to do the whole sprint tri in under 2 hours, which was my goal for first time out.

UPDATE: Also rode my bike today, for just under 6 miles, at lunch. Was a 25-minute ride. Lots of gnats out there. Yuck. Ride was good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment