Tuesday, March 6, 2012

1,150 yards

Today was a tremendous confidence booster in the water. I got in the pool before the instructor showed up, so I did a quick 50 yards (1 lap) to both warm up and start exhausting my 'swimming' muscles prior to the day's workout.

Next was a 200 freestyle warmup, and then we were doing 400s (8 laps) split up into a set of 200 kicking (with board) and 200 freestyle (no board). I mixed it up with flippers as well. My two 400s were split like this:

100 kicking, 100 kicking with flippers, 100 crawl with flippers, 25 crawl, 25 back, 25 breast, 25 crawl.

I finished as strong as I could with a 100: breast, crawl, back, crawl. All told, 1,150 yards with shorter rest periods. I am tired and feel great.

Also, weighed in yesterday and registered a 1 lbs. loss for the week. It's not a Biggest Loser-style number, but it is a steady, sustainable loss. I'll take it. Or leave it (off) rather.

No comments:

Post a Comment