Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Great goggles

Another good workout this morning. 200 yard warmup, 500 yards kick work with fins, 250 yards in/out work (next graph) and a 150 yard cool down.

The new part of the workout today was swimming one length (25 yards), then getting out of the pool and walking back to the other side to dive in and do it again. So the walk was to catch breath, but we were also doing walking lunges as we went. Getting in and out of the pool so often was a little extra workout in and of itself as well.

The cool thing for me about the 250 portion was the diving in. I used the starter's platform just like I remember from high school, and the form and underwater kicking came back really quick. The best part may have been my Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 goggles, because they did not shift off my eyes at all when I hit the water. The tech on these is great. They fit in tight with awesome suction, but with plenty of vision and no fogging. They don't hurt or pinch, and I don't get raccoon eyes for the day. The instructor recommended them, and they may be the best $15 I've spent in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment