Thursday, March 8, 2012

Take a deep breath. Not too deep, though.

Swimming today was a blast again today. Did a 100 warmup (crawl, crawl, breast, back), and then for the bulk of the session the coach had us do 20 lengths (25 yards) with a minute per length. So that meant whatever time you didn't use became a brief rest period before the next length.

I did really fast, for me, front crawls the first two lengths (sub-30 seconds), but the 30 seconds of rest time wasn't enough and I had to balance speed and rest throughout the swim better. By the middle lengths, I was doing some breast and back to catch my breath, but then I was down to 5-10 seconds rest between swims. I'm sorry to say, I took two lengths off in the middle and so I only accomplished 450 yards of the 500. But I did my best to keep it together after that longer rest and finish strong with as many front crawl lengths as I could.

After that, we did 5 laps of kicking, with fins and boards. Next was 2 laps of front crawl with fins. Finally, we finished with 2 laps swim, no fins.

Today's total: 1,000 yards.

A couple times, after I was real tired, in my breathing during front crawl I would take in a bit of water and it freaked me out. Both times, I had to switch to breast for the balance of the length to calm down and get my breathing centered. Have to work on that. I'd hate to swallow some Pewaukee Lake water and freak out 4 minutes into the tri.

No comments:

Post a Comment