Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Going the distance

Today's swim was a good one. After a long layoff since Thursday morning, and plenty of personal bad news yesterday, it was refreshing to hit the water. Quite simply, it was a 250 warmup, then ladders (50, 100, 150, 200, 250, all with 1 minute rest between), and a 50 cool down. Did the ladders as a mix of kicking only, freestyle, and backstroke, and 90 percent of it with fins.

Distance today: 1,150

I'm still worried that I'll end up in the water at about 250 yards and just have trouble breathing, but the more I read on tri forums it seems like a lot of folks will switch to breast for brief periods for sighting and to catch a breath. So I'm less worried about that and just need to keep at it.

Also, taking the Trek in for Spring maintenance and get the front tire worked on. Hopefully riding again in a few days. EA Sports Active workouts on the Wii are going great, and I know I need to get running out there soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment