Friday, March 16, 2012

Ugh

Yesterday was going to be a trifecta. Swimming at 5:30, a quick, first-of-the-spring bike ride at lunch (it was 70 degrees out), and an hour of karate in the evening.

Instead, swimming happened, but it wasn't much of a workout. The night before, I had a bad bought of reflux that had me up for a couple hours and a coughing fit for about 30 minutes. My throat was raw. By the time I got to swimming it was on just a few hours' sleep, and after one warm-up lap, I had to stop and cough. I still had fluid in my lungs from the GERD. I made it through the 45 minutes, but it was very slow going. Not much progress.

I was feeling a little better by lunch though, and got the bike all set for the first ride. Got all my gear on and headed out. For 1.4 miles. Then the front tire spontaneously started leaking air quickly, and i had a 1.4-mile walk back home. At least it was nice out.

By the time late afternoon was turning to evening, I was way too tired to think about karate. Oh well. Still got two workouts in. Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment