Thursday, June 28, 2012

Swimming faster

This morning's swim was a nice 1,400-yard workout, centered on a timed 500. I did all freestyle today, and warmup was a 300, 200 kick and 100 pull.

For the timed 500, I did it in 12:04, which was almost two full minutes faster(!) than the last timed 500 we did on May 8. Nice job -

Then we did 8 x 25s with fins, 10s rest each side, and a 100 easy to cool down. Very good day in the water today.

-------------------
Heat index

I wasn't planning to do a second workout today with the heat index at or near triple digits, but as lunchtime got closer I felt just restless enough to think about it. I convinced myself two miles wouldn't be too much and out I went. Though it was so warm and humid I could feel the moist air going into my lungs, I still managed to do two miles close to race pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment