Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I am doing stuff ... honest

I just fell off the writing wagon apparently. Truthfully, I was away from the computer over the weekend, didn't blog on Monday's exercise-free day, and then skipped yesterday waiting for a second workout that never came. So, here's a quick wrap-up:

Started today with a really nice 5k. Did slightly under 12-minute miles, and really enjoyed my new Yurbuds Ironman earbuds that did not even fake like they were going to fall out. The twist-and-lock earbud gimmick turns out to, well, not be a gimmick. Nice job folks.

Yesterday, did a full swim of 3 x 150s for warmups, one kicking, one with double-kick breaststroke drill and one regular swimming. Then 6 x 25s with in-water "pushups" at one end, and 6 x 25s with pool edge triceps dips at one end. Followed that with 4 x 100s of swimming with fins, and finally a 100 cool down.

Weekend
The weekend rides were awesome. I did 39.35 miles going to Milwaukee in 2:31 for a sustained 15.6 mph pace. Coming back Sunday was more uphill and more difficult as it was more humid and I think I messed up my nutrition by waiting to long on drinks and gels. But it was 39.98 miles in 2:49 for a sustained 13.8 mph pace. I also started Saturday with a piece of peanut butter toast and a Gatorade Prime, but Sunday just washed down some Honey Stinger gels and hit the road.

-------
Tomorrow I plan to not miss my second workout, so I promise to update the swimming and a bike ride right after lunch.

Still having fun. Race day is in three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment