Sunday, June 3, 2012

36-mile brick

A few good days of training following the May numbers. Did a 4-mile run on Friday, then a long brick on Saturday.

I started by getting up at 5:30 Saturday and headed out fairly quickly, having prepped my bike, nutrition and attire the night before. I rode for 36 miles 1/2 on a crushed stone bike path (was like moving through a swamp) and 1/2 on county roads (was beautiful after all that gravel). I averaged about 14.4 mph, which was around 12 on the bike path and then about 16-17 on county roads.

When I got home and took my bike helmet off, a pool of sweat fell to the floor from my forehead that had been held in check by the helmet's sweatband. I took a couple last swigs from my water bottle and went back out to do a 2-mile run. The pace was nothing great, but I did it. All told it was 3 hours of exercise on a Saturday finished by 9 a.m. (The recovery was another matter. There were a couple naps during the day...)

This morning, instead of making today a rest day, I decided to get up early again for another run. I did 4.7 miles at a slow pace, and will make tomorrow my rest day.

Next post will be Tuesday after swimming, and either a lunchtime bike or run.

No comments:

Post a Comment