Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's going to be hot today

With the weather projected to hit the mid-90s today, and since I was awake, I decided to go out for an early bike ride today at 6 a.m. and get today's exercise done and out of the way. (If it doesn't get too hot, I may still do a small run later.)

A good bike ride, averaging 15.9 mph (Beth said this is in the range of the faster group on most group rides), and covered a little over 11 miles in about 42 minutes.

At about 22 minutes, I felt a definite "bonk" in my legs as the pedaling got tough for no discernible reason. I pedaled through it, and about 3 minutes later things seemed fine again. I think that may have been the end of my glycogen stores, and the process of my body switching over to fat (I hope) for fuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment