Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Back in the pool

After being away from the pool for both lessons last week, it felt good to get back in the water today. It was tough too. My breathing felt off, which made my strokes off. I suppose it could have been the other way around, but any way I really felt like I was working hard for what was a pretty straight-forward workout. The warmup: 150 free, 100 pull, 150 kick. Then we did ladders, with sets of ab work with the medicine balls out of the pool between rungs. Rungs were:
  • 4 x 25 free, 15 rest
  • 2 x 50 breast, 20 rest
  • 2 x 100 free with fins, 20 rest
  • 2 x 100 free with fins, 20 rest
  • 2 x 50 breast, 20 rest
  • 100 easy cool down (free)
1,200 yards, plus five minutes of ab work made for a good 45 minutes of pool time.

--------------------
Lunch run

Just finished an absolutely stellar lunchtime run. Did three miles, and for the first time did the whole thing without the walk breaks. I still believe wholeheartedly in the Galloway run/walk method, especially since it is definitely a style that got me to love being out there running. But there is something special about doing a longer (for me) run without the walks. ... In short, I rock!

Turns out the pace was about 10:40 per mile average, for three miles in just under 32 minutes.

Then I came in the house, showered, ate lunch and continued sweating for about 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment