Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pewaukee Sprint

I've decided I'm training for the Pewaukee Triathlon Sprint, which is run annually around my birthday. The Sprint distance for this race is roughly a 440-yard swim, 16-mile bike ride and 3.1-mile run. No Ironmans for me ... yet. Maybe for when I turn 45.

So far in my training, I've found some good resources at beginnertriathlete.com on schedules and training plans. I'm showing some improvements in my weight/BMI according to the Wii Fit Plus and am looking for a road bike.

Actually, I've been shopping for a decent road bike for about a month -- the triathlon thing came later. But the plan is to get the bike and do lots of bike training from now until the snow flies, and then transition to swim training at the Whitewater Aquatics Center over the winter. All the while for both, I will continue doing karate 3-4x week.

So to sum up, I'm now searching for the right bike and eating better as my main daily goals, and using the Wii Fit daily to keep myself accountable on weight/BMI.

No comments:

Post a Comment