Wednesday, July 20, 2011

First day on the road

I picked up my new Trek last night, but, aside from a quick test ride at the bike shop for quick adjustments, couldn't go for a longer ride last night due to the scorching heat and oppressive humidity in the area.

So I set my alarm for 6:20 a.m. and got out for a ride this morning before the sun came up too high. The original plan for an hour ride was scrapped, as my legs, butt and current level of cardio health protested. It is, after all, day one, I thought, and came back in at roughly 6 miles and a 30 minute ride.

The Trek FX 7.3 is a lovely bike. It shifts cleanly, weighs very little and looks pretty next to my desk.

I discovered that it does not like to be pedaled from a standing position, so I'm using all 24 gears on the hills planted in the saddle. The only time I stand is to give my butt a brief respite.

It wasn't the full workout I hoped for today, but I do still have an hour of karate to do tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment