Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week recap

It's been a hard week to get up and exercise. Not sure if that's post-tri slump or depression or whatever, but all I did last week was my two regular swimming lessons and a hill workout (3.8 miles) with Fleet Feet Sports in Milwaukee.

Actually, aside from the race, the Fleet Feet run was the first time I've run with a group. I met Running for Connor team partner Erica there, and it was the first time we ran together too. It was pretty awesome to run with a group. I love running out here on the country roads by myself, but the change up and companionship really got me jazzed. I also think it pushed me to up my pace from what I generally do on my own.

Next big race is the Brewers Mini Marathon on Sept. 22, and the Galloway plan to train for it was to start in earnest yesterday with a 5-mile run. (It got bumped to today.) The crux of the plan is to do pretty much what I did for the triathlon, except the long weekend workouts will be progressively longer runs instead of bike-run bricks. The weekly workouts will still be a mix of cross-training with swimming (2x week), biking (12-20 miles, 2-3x) and running (2-4 miles, 2-3x).

I'll try to keep up with the training blog as well as I can; this Saturday is supposed to be an 8-mile run, which would be my new longest run.

Thinking about signing up for the Oceanside 1/2 Ironman in March 2013 to make sure winter training stays on pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment