Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Midweek

Since Sunday, this week has been a good exercise week. Following Sunday's long run (5), did biking on Monday and Tuesday, swimming Tuesday and I'm set to do a run (5k) today at lunch and then I need to do a bike ride tonight.

Bicycling was 10 miles on Monday, and the first time I'd ridden since the tri. Pace wasn't too bad though, as I averaged 16.2 mph. Yesterday's ride was longer and a bit more of a slog, as the heat index was near 100 when I headed out for the 16 miles. I averaged 15.2 mph and got home drenched in sweat, but not breathing too hard. That ice bath was crucial...

Tuesday swimming was good. I was solo as far as students, and did a 100 swim, 100 Individual Medley, 100 swim warmup, followed by 16 x 25s at speed, diving in from the race platform, with walking lunges out of the pool and back to the platform each lap. Then a 100 kick to cool down. I'm able to IMs now, because we've used part of the alone class times to work on butterfly (a stroke I never learned). My upper body is there, but my legs try to do a modified breast kick rather than a dolphin kick. With fins I'm fine, without it's a struggle.

The rest of the week, I've got swimming and a bike ride tomorrow, either bike or run Friday morning, and this week's long-distance (LD) run of 8 miles. I'm planning to wake up by 5:30-6 a.m. and get that one done before people wake up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment