Sunday, September 9, 2012

LD: 14

I think I did things better yesterday. I added a mile to my previous Long Distance run, and shaved 10 minutes off the time. Changes included:

  1. Ran on a trail (no cars to worry about). 
  2. Trail had limited inclines from previous LD. 
  3. Good night's sleep.
  4. Half bagel with peanut butter 25 minutes pre-run.
  5. GU packs taken at 4-mile intervals. 
  6. Carried my water instead of using the odd-fitting water belt (dislike that this one helped, since the belt was a birthday gift from family). 
  7. Mentally prepared myself to have a good run. Even smiled to myself (and others) several times on the run. 
The total 14 miles came in at 2:52, for a 12:xx/mile average, or just under 5 mph. Throwing out that last slow mile (13:22), my Brewers half-marathon time would be reaaallllyyyy close to 2:30. Factoring in not carrying water on the course, two weeks of training still to go and the intangibles of being cheered on by the crowd and pushed by other runners, I think breaking 2:30 is very possible. 

On another note, since we're now into September, here are the August numbers [change from July in brackets]: 

198.83 miles covered (run, bike and swim). [-70 miles]
26.62 hours of exercise. [-2 hours]
23 days with at least 30 minutes of exercise. [no change]
33 total workouts. [+1 workout]
22,691 calories burned through exercise. [-900 calories]

No comments:

Post a Comment