Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Swim II

After waiting impatiently since Thursday to get back in the pool, I was back at it again this morning at 5:45.

Another good session. Just ladders; 1 lap, rest, 2 laps, rest, 3 laps, rest, etc. (Each lap is down and back, total of 50 yards.) I'm still working on my breathing in the water, so my rest came in between each lap.

All told, I did somewhere between 500 and 700 or so yards (the tri will be 440 yards). Need to keep working on breathing and slowing down the kicking to avoid exhaustion. I need to get to a point where I can do 10 laps non-stop by controlling my speed and breathing in the water (why does it seem so much harder than controlling speed and breathing on the bike or a run?)

I did have fun doing a mix of strokes today, like crawl down and backstroke or breaststroke coming back.

I just need to keep going, step by step, inch by inch and I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment